Music: X-Ray Dog - Here Comes the King
Polish winged hussars (Husaria) <3
The best and most beautiful cavalry in the world.
The main type of cavalry of Polish Army (and later the Polish-Lithuanian Army) between the 16th and 18th centuries.
It achieved most prominent successes from the beginning of 16th century till the end of 17th century. In those times of turmoil when it was to serve, Husaria did not suffer a single defeat within 120 years, winning the battles with Moscovian, Swedish, Tatar and Turkish armies (among others).
It defeated even many times more numerous enemy.
Husaria, equiped with 5-6 metre long lances, shields, wild animal skin (from leopard, tiger, lynx, bear and wolf) and above all characteristic wings, attacked in full gallop.
Husaria’s attack meant for its opponent incrediby terrifying sight and usually the last battle, and as for the objective observer, it was gorgeus and amazing, as shown in chronicles and accounts of international observers of “battle of Vienna”.
31 Notes/ Hide
- isenhame likes this
- isenhame reblogged this from lunacylover
- eljackinton likes this
- gnelda reblogged this from blackdistraction and added:
- blackdistraction reblogged this from fenrirslittlesister
- fenrirslittlesister reblogged this from professional-cockblocker
- professional-cockblocker reblogged this from ppsh-41
- zaksaaa reblogged this from ppsh-41
- peace-of-attrition likes this
- russkisov reblogged this from ppsh-41
- russkisov likes this
- sixeyesfromhell likes this
- ppsh-41 likes this
- sunce-i-mesec likes this
- lunacylover posted this